CALYX Design Group, a leading Landscape Architecture firm based in Minnesota, is seeking an intern at our Saint Paul / Cathedral Hill location.
CALYX Design Group’s practice encompasses all aspects of Landscape Architecture and Site Planning with foremost experience in Multi-Family Housing, Master Planning, Public Space Design, Community Development, and Commercial Mixed-Use. In addition to a broad portfolio of work within Minnesota, the firm and staff has extensive project experience throughout the greater Midwest region. More information about our firm and our work can be found on our web site: www.calyxdesigngroup.com
We are currently offering an internship in Landscape Architecture. Internships are offered for a limited term and have potential to lead to permanent employment. CALYX Design Group offers a stipend as well as a studio environment that provides opportunities for professional growth and participation in exceptional projects.
· Computer skills (Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite)
· An attention to detail, critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities
· Strong interest in and familiarity with horticulture
· Be able to effectively manage his/her own time
· Willingness to learn and participate in a diverse range of support tasks
· Assisting with site analysis and creation of base drawings
· Assist with redlines & basic drafting and some work with SketchUp
· Assistance with creation of marketing and proposal information
· Photography of Project Sites
· Attend field meetings and review construction progress
Interested candidates should be college students, currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree Landscape Architecture program. Internship Period: May-August, 2017
Candidates must be available for a Skype or in-person interview (preferred), and be prepared to work regular business hours in our office.
Application Submission Requirements:
To apply for internship, please submit the following information:
1. A one-page summary that describes your personal interest in landscape architecture.
2. Relevant samples of your work to illustrate your range of conceptualization, artistic interest, technical acumen, and communication capabilities.
3. Current resume supported by TWO professional or academic letters of recommendation.
Email documents in a single PDF document -not to exceed 10mb to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: ‘Summer Internship’. No phone calls please.